A lot of friends here in Sevenoaks and around the world have asked me to write in English, especially now when we leave for China. I have decided to write at least half of the text in English in the next few weeks, and we'll see how it goes. I hope all of you in Sweden don't find me to snobby now ... But it is also good practising for me. Please excuse my spelling.
Olivia still suffers from her cold. The temperature seems to rise in the afternoons and she has been quite poorly the last few hours. She was fast asleep at 7 pm. I really hope she will be fine on Thursday, when it's taekwondo again. She loves it and was devastated she missed last week. Mr Simmons, the coach, even sent her a postcard wishing her to get well soon, and he promised he will test her for the orange stripe belt on Thursday even though she doesn't have the three pieces of sticky tape (dan?) required. Olivia was utterly flattered and proud.
The visa problem seems to be solved. I made a phone call yesterday to make sure they now have everything they need. The lady who answered the phone said "which nationality passports?". "Swedish". "Ahaaaaa, everything is okay, it's been sent to the embassy". So we are a bit calmer now. Mats will collect the passports on Friday.
Mats is on he's way to Glasgow and will return on Thursday evening. I have invited a few friends for dinner tomorrow. It's a bit boring spending to many evenings alone in front of the telly. But I shouldn't complain, I had dinner with my adoption friends at a Thai restaurant yesterday. We used a babysitter for the first time as Mats had a business dinner. It worked very well and Olivia was happy with the arrangement, as long as I promised to come back. The babysitter is a 15-year old girl, daughter to a Swedish lady here in Sevenoaks, so she speaks reasonably good Swedish. I wonder way we have waited so long before we started using babysitter? It has all been about me, not about Olivia.
Well, time to do some more preparations and "to do-lists". I haven't started packing yet. Will do that in the weekend. My friends here have been amazingly generous and contributed a lot to our donation to the orphanage. I just learns that little sister's orphanage will not be a part of the international adoption program anymore, as it doesn't qualify. That probably means it's too poor to produce babies healthy enough to show to the rest of the world. And no international adoptions means less money in to the orphanage, and in the long run even worse conditions. So it feels very important to give a lot now when we are there.
Ständigt denne Boström
2 dagar sedan

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar