lördag, mars 10, 2007

Jet lag

It's 01.40 am and the whole family is wide awake after a few hours sleep. I can't remember having this big trouble before. And Olivia is just as bad. We have been trying to get back to sleep for an hour now and decided to try this approach instead: Go up for 30 minutes and then try again. Last night I was awake from 1 am to 5.30. When the alarm clock rang at 06.45 I felt more like dead.
The reason to go up that early was the Great Wall. My mother and I went with most of our adoption group. It was a cold, windy and sunny day. We took a short walk on the wall and then sat down on the lee side and enjoyed the warm sunshine and the peacefulness. Olivia and Mats stayed in town, they went swimming, ate junk food and took a nice long nap.
We had another typical Chinese lunch (sorry, already getting tierd of the Beijing kitchen) and then went to a market I have never been to before. It is as big as the Pearl Market but mostly visited by the locals and not so caothic, the isles are wider and the sellers not so aggressive. We will definitly go back when we return to Beijing. I bought some scarves and necklases, cheep of course, but bargaining is difficult and somehow I feel fooled.
Next time a will bring the children, because they had a lot of nice clothes and shoes for children but the sizes never match.
After dinner I fell asleep when I put Olivia to bed at 8. And though I feel very sleep deprivated I am not sleepy. I truly hope I can get a few more hours tonight and to be able to sleep better tomorrow night. Because on Monday we will meet our next daughter!
We travel to Changsha tomorrow morning and will do all the paperwork regarding the adoption during the afternoon. We will have an early dinner and after that it's supermarket time, to buy nappies and other baby stuff. Later in the evening I will go with the local guide and spend the money friends have donated, on behalf of the orphanage. I look forward to that! They want an air conditioner (but I think they meen a radiator) and walkers.
Now I will drink my tea, read a few pages and try to go back to sleep again.
I will try to fint the time and write tomorrow. If not, wish us luck on Monday!


1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Det är så härligt att följa er i Kina och jag hoppas att ni har det så bra! Hälsa Olivia så mycket, en stolt storasyster. Väntar med späning här hemma på bilder på Vera. Kram faster Krika