Our first day in Houston has been dramatic enough. The fire alarm at the hotel went off at about 8 am and we were told to evacuate. The fire brigade came and searched our floor. It was burned food that caused the alarm and it smelled awfully. We were allowed to return to our room after 45 minutes.
Mats is working and it's raining out side. We feel a bit trapped at the hotel. We have been exploring Houston's downtown tunnel system for a couple of hours but the girls are tired and grumpy due to jet lag. Mats finish working at 5 pm and we will then go to a grocery store and buy some food. There are so many restaurants here in Hosuton but I already feel tired of eating out. Maybe because it has just been Christmas and I feel as I have put on loads of weight ... or maybe my jeans has shrinked?
Oh, enough complaining. Time to take some more pain killers - did I forget to tell I have a new cold? Probably caught it on the plain, was sitting next to a guy who was sneazing and blowing his nose constantly for ten hours.
Talking about the flight here, they have a new law for incoming flights since the terror attempt the other day. Now, everyone has to sit in their seats with seatbelts fastned for one hour before landing. You are not allowed to have anything in your lap and you are not allowed to go to the toilet during this hour. Sounds reasonable, but what do you thing the staff do? Supervises? No, they take a long, nice break behind the curtains. After about 15 minutes several passengers were tired of sitting down, so everything went back to normal. Visits to the toilet, handluggage opened, legs streched. A terrorist would have had every opportunity to assemble a bomb.
New report tomorrow!
Ständigt denne Boström
2 dagar sedan

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar